You, Me and the Sea.

Monday Musing: Motherhood

By 2:08 AM


Just read an article on motherhood and the writer is right. No matter how many books and tutorials you read and saw, you will never be prepared enough. Having a child changes everything. Your life before you had a baby will seem unimportant now and you are left forever vulnerable after having a child. 
I would nowadays find myself changing the tv station while watching the news if it is about a child with a certain sickness or anything related to children as a matter of fact. There was also an instance when I woke up one night to nurse Deus and found him with so much rheum in his eyes. It was like a nightmare for me, I even suggested that we take him to the hospital right away but the mister insisted that its only normal for babies to be like that. Next morning, I found out that it was just a case of sticky eye. I also now have a better appreciation for my mother who has helped me after my pregnancy, taking care of me, of Deus, of everything.
It has only been one month since I gave birth and I know there are still a lot in store for me. And I can't hardly wait to see for Deus to grow up and create memories. I can't wait to experience motherhood life. A life with Deus.

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Welcome to Motherhood Club, dear! Just cherish every moments with you little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your bundle of joy! Enjoy nursing him! Tandaan, nights are long but years are short! I still feel bittersweet to finally end my bfeeding sesh with my now 3year old todd, but im enjoying the roller coaster ride of ebf my 3months babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motherhood came to me naturally...unlike other moms, I didn't have to figure out how to carry, bathe, feed, etc. Dunnow why. I relied mostly on instinct, I guess. Books were helpful perhaps when I researched on easing colic or checking on symptoms. It helped that I was surrounded by moms and I had a very dependable pediatrician.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherish every moment sis! Kids grow fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I def agree. Experience is still the best teacher ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Lets make our motherhood the most out of it because kids grow fast! I always look at my son's pictures when he was newborn palang and seeing him now that he's 9months na, wow time flies really fast talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The info and books may lessen the worries, but when you're there, sometimes it gets crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The info and books may lessen the worries, but when you're there, sometimes it gets crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The info and books may lessen the worries, but when you're there, sometimes it gets crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The info and books may lessen the worries, but when you're there, sometimes it gets crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure you'd do just fine. :) Exciting... Welcome to motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone! I'm actually enjoying every minute of it. It's sometimes scary lang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy it while it lasts because kids grow up way too fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have exciting days and nights ahead! Cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I was able to relate to every single sentence of your post! Motherhood really changes a woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that there is a community such as this wherein we can share experiences that everyone can learn from. :)

      Delete
  16. Welcome to the club momma! There are ups and downs but just enjoy every moment. Magugulat ka nalang, ang laki na ni baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing can really prepare you for motherhood. I will say that having my second was easier than my first. I am so much more laid back now. All that practice with one made having two easier. And I love my life as a mother to both my kiddos so much!

    ReplyDelete