You, Me and the Sea.

Shabby Chic.

By 10:25 PM ,




How to Achieve Shabby Chic Style?

Shabby Chic is an eclectic style that combines rustic furnitures with pastel colors, lace or florals. If you love this style, then you are in luck because achieving this look is very cheap and easy.

Here are some tips when decorating:
  • Paint the room white. This is the easiest way to create a dreamy look in your home.
  • Add touches of pastel. 
  • Use earthly or natural accents. I used burlap and made it into a small window curtain.
  • Salvage fixture is the focal point of our small kitchen. We used a mason jar and made it into a sconce. A cheap and easy way of lighting up the room.






You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love that Mason Jar! How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of pastel colors for our next house. Shabby chic... hmmm.

    Cris Ruffolo
    http://www.readingruffolos.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shabby chic, but my husband isn't really into it. Our home now is minimalist, very clean and white. I chose wood furnishings and accents for contrast but so far that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use mason jars in our kitchen and in our dining table. But mason jar for the light bulb is so awesome. Haha. Thanks so much! Question though, Di Kaya sya puputok sa init? nabasag kasi mason jar ni husband nung nagtimpla sya ng hot coffee. So we only just our jars for cold drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow super simple and cute, I love the mason jars it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang cute nung light na may mason jar! Gusto ko din ng light paint sa townhouse namen I am thinking about pastel colors too like light green or light blue siguro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love this theme! But my husband's a minimalist. Everything's black, white, gray and brown at home. Our walls are all white! Wish we could have this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pastel colors. It's very refreshing. I think we should redecorate our house. I hope I can have atleast one week leave para maaachieve ko to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the mason jar with bulb is love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and charming. Never thought of using mason jars for a light bulb and a burlap for a curtain. Cool ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. galing ng mason jar with bulb. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleasing in the eyes! Nakakainspire talaga ang mga DIYs. Wish I could also find time to redecorate our house. Great idea to use burlap as curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pleasing in the eyes! Nakakainspire talaga ang mga DIYs. Wish I could also find time to redecorate our house. Great idea to use burlap as curtains!

    ReplyDelete