You, Me and the Sea.

Monday Musing: Colors

By 7:29 PM

Tool Roll from Harpoon Co.

So I decided to join the bandwagon and gave the adult coloring book a try. Apparently, this was supposed to help us relieve stress. I can say that it was fun at first but then the control-freak part of me starts kicking in. Instead of spontaneously coloring away, I would worry about color matching, the strokes of my hand, or if I have enough colored pencils to execute this image I had in mind. So I stopped. This was supposed to be fun and engaging but instead here I am worrying about how everything will turn out. And then I realized, things are not always what one wants it to be. Just like in life, we must learn to live in the moment and launch ourselves on every wave. We can't be defined by a one single event, just like the picture I so desperately is trying to perfect. We can always turn the other page and start over again. 




You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I also enjoy adult coloring books. =) It helps me release stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I'm actually not giving up on this whole coloring thing. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so me. Haha I could buy if I wanted one, but the color mayching concerns me more than just simply coloring. i'm very poor at color combination. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Same sentiment here. So hassle sometimes. :)

      Delete
  3. Sis, you need to loosen up a bit and start enjoying the moment. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. Hahaha! It sometimes gets to me lang. I tend to overthink. But thank you!

      Delete
  4. I wanted to try coloring, too, but same with you, I feel that the outcome must be perfect. And then, I'd stress over it. That Tool Roll looks cute! Do you have something like that for watercolor tools?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cym, the tool roll is very versatile. You can store any kind of tools in there. My husband uses his to store his bike tools. :)

      Delete
  5. Yes I agree that It helps release stress. I also enjoy adult coloring book, sometimes the coloring of my toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was about to join the adult coloring book bandwagon but it was out of stock from my supplier. Same as you, I am not really good at color matching hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your picture looks lovely! I so get what you mean. I also didn't jump onto the adult colouring bandwagon because I know I'd end up even more stressed haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought my first coloring book for grown ups, too, last week! Must be the fact that almost everyone around me has done so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, same here. I got a few of those, too, but I still haven't got the chance to start coloring. I hope that it will serve as a stress reliever for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thats a great way of putting things into perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehehe! you're funny.. but you know this post kinda reminded me of the things i have been keeping on hold for a time now.. like, yeah, painting... sometimes you really need to wait for the right mood the right timing.. otherwise you'll just end up somewhat disappointed or unsatisfied with how you're doing things...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also like coloring books. Especially the doodle-like ones. I've searched for printable ones online too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought an adult coloring book from the dollar store. I love coloring in mine while my daughter colors in her own. I have always loved crafts, so I love sharing coloring with my daughter. I might not like to play, but I love coloring!

    ReplyDelete